Code of Ethics/Right to Refuse Registration
The ABR Code of Ethics/Right to Refuse Registration is intended for breeders, owners and fanciers to uphold themselves and the way they treat and breed their animals in an appropriate manner. Alapaha Bulldog Registry's Code of Ethics/Right to Refuse Registration policies may be referenced and enforced if violations are found and valid proof is shown. The ABR Code of Ethics/Right to Refuse Registration violations are as follows:
1. I will seek to educate myself on basic animal management and will provide, at the minimum, basic care for all Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldogs on my property.
2. I will educate myself and others on the breed's standard.
3. I will breed towards my club’s standard of the Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog.
4. I will breed for producing animals that have a working ability, and/or, producing ability, desired temperament and soundness of body.
5. I will never promote the use of any dog owned by myself for any harmful or illegal purposes.
6. I will select only the best of my animals, to keep or sell. All others will be spayed, or neutered, or put down due to birth defects, etc. All animals shall be at least eight weeks of age before going to a new home.
7. I will not breed a female under 14 months old or in poor health.
8. I will not breed a female that reaches the age of 8.
9. I will not breed a male under 12 months old or in poor health.
10. I will not breed a female more than 5x in her life span. Breeding a female more than 5x will be cause for permanent suspension by the ABR.
11. Provide good health care, and yearly check-ups and veterinarian care should my any of my dogs be injured.
12. I will furnish my club’s Certified Pedigree or my club’s Certificate of Registration for transfer of ownership, with each animal I sell.
13. I will provide a sales contract and a health certificate or upon a signed agreement, allow the buyer a choice of a state-licensed veterinarian to examine the animal within seventy-two hours of purchase. If the animal is diagnosed with any physical disorder, a replacement puppy will be provided from two different sire and dam.
14. I will not sell to or breed for any pet stores.
15. All hereditary genetic defects found in litters (i.e. crank tails, wry jaw, crippled, deafness, blindness, entropion, ectropion, cowardice or skittishness and etc.) shall be reported to the ABR registrar with the said puppy or dog to be registered as "pet" quality as in non- breedable (spayed or neutered).
16. Any animal sold under as "pet/non-breeding" shall be sold with restricted registration papers and should be Spayed/neutered by the age of 3 years old. A breeder may supply full registration papers upon the breeders reassessment of the animal as being of "show/breeding" quality. The breeder must contact the ABR registrar prior and after reassessment.
17. I will not breed any Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog marked as pet quality/non-breeding by the breeder.
18. I will not lie on or alter any documents that I provide to my owners or to my club.
19. I will not lie on or alter any documents that I receive from club.
20. I will not breed a female more than 2 straight seasons. Breeding a female in 3 straight seasons will be cause for permanent suspension from the ABR.
21. I will advertise puppies and adult dogs, written or oral, as forthrightly honest as possible in both substance and implication.
22. Breeding Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog cannot be done with any other breed besides the two highly related Old Southern Bulldog (OSB) and White English Bulldog (WEB).
23. Any sales by an ABR breeder or owner, for the protection of both breeder/owner and buyer, are recommended provide adequate written contractual proof of sales and guarantees. No promise shall be made orally which is not put into writing. It is recommended that a breeder supply a Copy of the ABR’s Code of Ethics/Right to Refuse Registration to all buyers and explain to them its provisions.
24. I understand that any breach of binding contract is solely handled by the parties involved and by their own selected legal representatives (the A.B.R. is not to interfere with any contract/legal matters).
25. Any Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog returned to the breeder permanently will mean the revoking of ownership in which all old registration certificates and pedigrees must be destroyed. The returned Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog can be reregistered ONLY under the breeder’s name.
Disciplinary Action: In accordance with ABR’s practice for infractions of the Code of Ethics/Rights to Refuse Registration, the first violation will result in a letter of reprimand, the second violation - a second letter of reprimand, the third violation - a temporary suspension as an ABR Breeder or owner looking to breed, the fourth violation will result in permanent suspension from the ABR. If the above Rights to Refuse Registration/Code of Ethics have been violated, in any other organization, ABR reserves the right to suspend breeder's privileges.
WE DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT, DEFAMATION OR THREATS WHEN MADE UPON A BREEDER, OWNER, OR CANINE. YOU SHALL RECEIVE ONE WRITTEN WARNING, VIA EMAIL OR CERTIFIED LETTER, FOR THE FIRST OFFENSE. A TEMPORARY SUSPENSION FOR 365 CALENDAR DAYS FROM THE ABR ON THE SECOND OFFENSE. PERMANENT SUSPENSION FROM THE ABR ON THE THIRD OFFENSE.
ABR IS DEDICATED TO THE RECOGNITION, REGISTRATION, GENETIC TESTING AND THE REPRESENTATION OF ALL TRUE WORKING ALAPAHA BLUE BLOOD BULLDOGS AND SUPPORTING OUR OWNERS AND BREEDERS.
The ABR reserves the right to skip violation steps and revoke a breeder's/owner's right at anytime if felt appropriate.